The drip pan filled with water. Brubaker damaged the primary pan during installation. The condensate water could not be drained into the home plumbing system since the primary pan was damaged. This allowed the secondary pan (as the photo shows) to fill up. While the Secondary drain for this pan was not installed and allowed the pan to overflow. The red wires that you see are a float switch This switch was the final safety device that was supposed to turn the unit off in the event the primary and secondary drains failed. This Switch was incorrectly wired and failed to turn the system off.
Another view of the faulty wiring that posed a danger to my wife, children and home.
Several attempts have been made to contact Richard Brubaker in the hopes he would return to rectify these issues. He stopped returning phone calls and text messages. He got his money and that was all he ever cared about.
This is a disconnected drain line that was supposed to allow water that escaped from the Air Handler to be safely moved outside of the home. Since this was not connected, water filled the secondary pan and overflowed. This caused damage to the drywall, ceiling, insulation. Water also came into contact with exposed electrical components that were improperly secured during the initial installation.
Here we see a total lack of professionalism and caring. This is the supply on the air handler in the attic. There are large holes that allow the cool air coming from the unit escape into the attic and never make in into the living area of the home. Notice the “spare parts” left in the pan. he never bothered to removed the screws he dropped and never installed.
This duct work was blowing more cooled air from the air handler into the attic instead of into the home. This is like driving your car on a hot August day in South Texas with the Air Conditioner on and all the windows rolled down. Take notice of the spare parts left in the drip pan.